One Beyond Open Source Admins Meeting 2022-11-22
Use github alias
- Admins team: @onebeyond/admins
- Maintainers team: @onebeyond/maintainers
- Ulises Gascon: @ulisesGascon
- Íñigo Marquínez: @inigomarquinez
- Daniel Alarcón @w3dani
- Javier G. Leal @jgleal
Governance & Meeting Schedule
- See #2
- Keep same hour day (15:00 - 15:30) once per week (tuesday) for now
- We will record next session in video and upload it
Define Org teams in Github
- See #5
- Crate admins team
@onebeyond/adminswith super powers over the other teams and all the repositories
- Create maintainers team
@onebeyond/maintainersand include the One Beyond Architects with Admin access level to all the repositories
- Add Stephen Cresswell (cressie176) to all the relevant projects with the same access as today.
- Create a triage team
@onebeyond/triagewith write access to all the repos without members for now
- Team creation and invitations will be send by Ulises
Define migration strategy and start the process
- See #6
- Start the migration this week with less impact projects (lead by Ulises)
- Provide an overview of the progress and estimations in next meeting if possible
Define contribution policies
- See #4
- We agree on the need for a solid
CONTRIBUTING.md, following Contributor Covenant or valid alternative.
- Need to create an email to address contribution questions, etc. In general lines emails are not very efficient for the maintainers team so we decided to follow/implement an automation that notifies Slack directly to avoid the need to monitoring (lead by Daniel Alarcon)
Repo template as baseline
- See #1
- Initiative (lead by Iñigo)
- We agreed on the need to create a repo template with all the items suggested by Iñigo and agreed by the maintainers (CoC, Licence, Linter, etc..)
Define License policies
- See #3
- We will check the final license to use as organization in the near future (lead by Iñigo)
- There is a need to review that the current repos have the correct license in the repo and in NPM, package.json avoiding misleading information between MIT and ISC.
- We might archive old repositories once the migration is concluded.
- We need to define an Eslint or prettier in common for the projects / architectures in place to offer a normalization.
- We agreed on the need to create solid and automatic changelog
- We agreed on the need to start coordinating the participation from other teams in our organization and external stakeholders.